Saturday, September 04, 2010

Quick Weekend Grocery Shopping

I did some quick light shopping this morning and wanted to share the deals I found. First, a little story... shopping with coupons takes a bit of patience, a good dose of diplomacy and is always best served with a friendly smile. These were my tools this morning, and boy did I need them! My cashier and I didn't quite agree on Fry's coupon policy. This is why it's always good to have things in print. When I wanted to use a Target coupon she refused. I had to show her the ad for this week and she had to confirm it with 2 managers who agreed with me. Then she wouldn't stack it, claiming it was a Kellog's coupon. Well, it can't be both! I finally gave up (I'll use them at my usual Fry's. They're always on top of the recent policy changes). If I wasn't in the 15 items or less line, I would have taken it to the manager (this particular cashier gives me trouble all the time!).

It sounds like a lovely end, but sadly it wasn't my last trip to Fry's today. I was so flustered, I didn't realize that my cashier ended up over charging me. I check my receipt twice. She didn't scan a couple coupons, but did keep them :\  Finally being so frustrated I called the store manager and explained to her what had happened. In the end the cashier disputed, but the manager gave me a refund for them both. I was thankful. This refund was almost half my bill!

Moral of the story? Sometimes your cashier won't fully understand their store's coupon policy (or it may not be their strong suit). Greet them with a smile and stand up for yourself!

Ok, now on to what I actually bought...


Wheat Thins $1.77
$1/1 Wheat Thins printable
= $.77

Kraft Salad Dressing $1.47
$.55/1 Kraft Dressing, exp. 10-24-10 (SS 08/29/10)
= $.47

Martha White Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix $1.00
$.35/1 Martha White Mixes printable (no longer there)
= FREE

Annie's Shells and Cheese $1.00
$.75/2 Annie's products
=$.50 WYB2

Colgate Toothbrush $1.00
$.40/1 Colgate Manual Toothbrush, exp. 9-18-10 (SS 08/29/10)
$.75/1 Walmart insert in Buyer's Edge mailer 9/1/10
= FREE

Grand Total (with tax/after refund) = $2.34


Yummm, don't those pretzels look yummy? I've been resisting, I have to get them out of the house! I got a fantastic coupon from Sprouts this week. I highly recommend signing up! I often get freebies or nearly free items every 2-4 weeks. I love it :)

From Sprouts:

Vanilla Yogurt Pretzels 1lb. bag $3.49
$3/1 Vanilla Yougurt Pretzels 1lb. bag Sprouts email newsletter
= $.49

Food City is also running some great deals each day this week (Del Monte Katchup is just $.50!).

From Food City:

Libby's Canned Vegetables $.59
$1/3Libby's Canned goods printable
$1/3 Libby's Canned Vegetables, exp. 11-30-10 (RP 08/29/10)
=  $.25 WYB3

Overall Total =  $3.63

5 comments:

  1. I love those yogurt pretzels!! Is the coupon you got directly to you at your email or is it a coupon you can share with me?? Let me know...thanks! jennifer p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. They were a hit at my BBQ today! I wish I could post the coupon, but the bar code is generated from my customer number and has my name on it. I got it from the Sprouts September Newsletter in my email.

    Do you have a customer number?? (It would be on any Sprouts emailed coupon). If you do, send it to me at janiegirl AT psiberific DOT com and I might be able to help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I signed up for the email list, but nothing has been sent to me yet. so, no customer number yet....

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I remember correctly, it took a few days before I got my first email. Your customer number will be on any coupon (which comes in almost every email you'll get). You should get a special "Thank You" coupon for a freebie for signing up too. If you don't get it soon (and it's not in your junk folder), I would try signing up again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually did get it and emailed you...hope you get it : )

    ReplyDelete